Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Addy

Adelaide runs like a penguin. It's so cute. she sticks her arms straight out behind her and runs around. It doesn't always help her keep her balance though.

She LOVES to get down on the floor and peek under the cracks of doors. Deacon is good about shutting the door behind him when he goes to the bathroom, so she will get down on the floor and try to see what he's doing. Every time I go to do laundry, she tries to follow me but I shut the door (because the trash can is in there). When I open the door, she's on the floor peeking under but quickly pops back up to her feet. The other day I walked into my bedroom and she followed me. She heard the bathroom fan on (I had taken a shower earlier) and assumed that meant someone was in there, so she went to have a peek.

Addy has opinions!! I don't always know what she wants, but I figure it out soon enough with her screams and smiles. Nathan's favorite happened when he was sitting next to her on the couch and Deacon came and got right in her face making some weird noise. He was just being his usual crazy self, but she didn't feel like taking it that day so she reached out and smacked him!

This girl loves her bottle of milk. As soon as she sees me pour a bottle, she waits patiently for me to warm it up. Then we walk to her room and she goes over to her bed and waits for me to lift her up and put her in with her bottle. We weaned Deacon off the bottle at 18 months, but she's already way more attached to it at 14 months.

She has this cute way of looking at you where she puts her chin down to her chest and then raises her eyebrows so her eyes are so wide, then she blinks at you through her eyelashes. So adorable. Her uncle Phil said she looks like a little porcelain doll and I tend to agree with that.

1 comment:

  1. Oh what a cutie--she's growing up so fast! she does look like a little doll!

    ReplyDelete